- Three year intensive career-oriented program
- Fast track toward a Ph.D. in Mathematics at top European and US
- Slower track toward a Masters in, e.g., top European
- Small classes and close faculty-student interaction
- Jacobs tuition/room/board rates are competitive with
out-of-state fees at US state universities
- Personal mentoring and advising
- Vibrant community of motivated and gifted peers
Why study Mathematics?
- Mathematics is an important step in many careers, and an entry
ticket into graduate programs in many disciplines besides
Mathematics (Engineering, Physics, Astronomy, Economics, Finance,
and many others).
- Mathematics gives a perfect background for continuing toward an
- According to The Wall Street Journal, Mathematician
is the best of all professions, most recently confirmed in
Best Jobs of 2014.
- Last but not least, Math is
The Jacobs Advantage
- Modern dorms, with people from all over the world
- Early involvement in research, usually with one-on-one
mentoring and a history of faculty-student publications in reknown
- Flexible curriculum to adapt to student interests and pace
- Flexible choice of minor subjects, see details
of the undergraduate curriculum
Foundation Year Program offers an educational structure akin to
a US four-year degree
with Prof. Alan Huckleberry.
Student poster presentation
in a first year class.
Jacobs alumnus Vlad Vicol visits the
campus to teach at the International